Bushido!

Painted!


I'm trying to stick to my dictum of "painting only the minis I need to play" and for the past week I've forced myself to finish off these minis for my next game of Sellswords and Spellslingers. (Why this instead of Anyaral? Your guess is as good as -- oooh... look! A butterfly!)

So that's my 4 main hero minis painted (but not yet fully based and yes, I've replaced 2 of the hero minis) and that took the bulk of the time. Then there are the horde minis: 6 goblin warriors and 6 goblin archers from Massive Darkness. And 2 orc brutes from Reaper Bones. (I'm crossing my fingers I won't need a 3rd as a wandering monster.) The Reaper Bones orcs are... well... they have paint on them. And that's as good as it gets for now.


This could not have been done without GW's contrast paints as I used those plus some washes and a bit of traditional paint (Vallejo and Army Painter) to help things out a bit since I don't plan on getting the full set of contrast paints just yet. I'm talking about the goblins as they can be primed the traditional way, something that seems to be a bit of a hassle for the Reaper Bones minis.


Next: the 4 heroes have been hired to protect a village from "Orcs and Slippery Stones". Hopefully I can play the game tomorrow night.


NOTE: Along the way, I also completed painting the last few minis that I started 3 years (!!!) ago for the Monolith Conan game, so I can now play that first scenario "In the Clutches of the Picts" with more or less painted minis.

And I even made a head start (once my contrast paints arrived in the mail) painting the minis I'd need for the next scenario... this time involving lots of skeleton/Egyptianish minis. I was experimenting a bit with Skuthus: zenithal priming, then contrast paints + washes + a bit of normal paints... so I could complete the goblin minis above.

Skuthus is still WIP. I'm quite proud of the demon mini though. I think I took all of 15-20 minutes to paint it (after some zenithal priming) with mostly dry-brushing.



Comments